The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) is the largest and oldest bar association in the Kansas City area. Founded in 1884, KCMBA utilizes its rich tradition as a platform to provide current, innovative and relevant service to its 5,000 members in its nine-county service territory in Missouri and Kansas.
KCMBA’s membership includes attorney, judicial, paralegal and law student members who make up the core of the Kansas City legal community. This active, voluntary association regularly hosts Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs and social events, plans and presents community outreach and pro bono activities, produces the only Directory of the Greater Kansas City Legal Community, as well as a full-color monthly magazine, and much more.
The mission of KCMBA is to serve its members and its community by promoting justice, professional excellence and respect for the law.
KCMBA’s Purpose is:
1. To serve the needs of our members.
2. To educate our members in continuing to develop their legal skills.
3. To enhance the image of attorneys and judges.
4. To encourage the highest ethical and professional standards of attorneys and judges.
5. To promote diversity in the legal profession and the Association and practice diversity in the Association.
6. To support and improve the justice system, including an independent judiciary.
7. To promote access to the judicial system for all persons.
8. To educate the public regarding issues that affect the legal system.
KCMBA’s continued success stems from the vibrant dedication and volunteerism of its members. Many members generously give their time and talents to KCMBA projects and other pro bono and community-based organizations throughout the community. Volunteer opportunities within KCMBA include joining/leading one of its 40 Committees or 7 Sections, speaking at a CLE program, contributing to the monthly magazine, the KC Counselor, or performing pro bono work with Project Pro Bono.
To get involved with KCMBA, click here or contact us at 816-474-4322.