The Diversity Section is committed to the advancement of diversity in the Greater Kansas City legal community. Comprised of four committees, the Diversity Section brings together lawyers. judges, and students from several firms, courts, law schools and diversity bar associations in the area to address issues of diversity arising in the practice of law and promote a more diverse legal community. According to the Section’s Bylaws, its stated purposes are as follows:
- enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in diversity;
- promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- promote the sound administration of justice;
- provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
President- Michael J. Mohlman, email@example.com
President-Elect- Seema Chawla, firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Past President- Nikki E. Cannezzaro, email@example.com
Secretary/Treasurer- Gillian R. Wilcox, firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Member-at-Large- Maria Rosa Salcedo, email@example.com
Junior Member-at-Large- Tracey Chappell, firstname.lastname@example.org
DIVERSITY SECTION- COMMITTEES: Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
To join one or more of these committees, please complete this form and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax.
For more information about this section, contact Kim Elrod or Ashley Williamson at 816-474-4322.