Young Lawyers Section
The Young Lawyers Section (YLS) provides ready access to the legal community for new lawyers in the early stages of their careers. Through the work of its various committees, YLS offers new lawyers practical information for practicing law through continuing legal education seminars and other educational programs, as well as opportunities to get involved in the legal community through social events and public service programs. The official purposes of the Young Lawyers Section are as follows:
- enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, and are 36 years of age and younger;
- promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- promote the sound administration of justice;
- provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
President- Jesse Sendejas, firstname.lastname@example.org
President-Elect- Jeremy M. Suhr, email@example.com
Immediate Past President- Peter E. Goss, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary- Karl Phares, email@example.com
Treasurer- Michelle Marvel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Member-at-Large- Jonathan Steele, email@example.com
Junior Member-at-Large- Mark Emison, firstname.lastname@example.org
YLS EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
YLS organizes and oversees a variety of special events and programs each year. To find out more about each of these projects, click on the links below.
YOUNG LAWYERS SECTION- COMMITTEES: Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
To join one or more of these committees, please complete this form and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax. Membership in the Young Lawyers Section is limited to individuals age 36 and younger or lawyers, regardless of age, who have graduated from law school within the last three years.
For more information about this section, contact Kim Elrod or Ashley Williamson at 816-474-4322.