The Diversity Section is committed to the advancement of diversity in the Greater Kansas City legal community. Comprised of four committees, the Diversity Section brings together lawyers. judges, and students from several firms, courts, law schools and diversity bar associations in the area to address issues of diversity arising in the practice of law and promote a more diverse legal community. According to the Section’s Bylaws, its stated purposes are as follows:
- Enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in diversity;
- Promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- Promote the sound administration of justice;
- Provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
President - Amy M. Fowler
President-Elect - G. Gabriel Zorogastua
Immediate Past President - Gillian R. Wilcox
Secretary/Treasurer - Henry J. Thomas
Senior Member-at-Large - James A. Breckenridge
Junior Member-at-Large - R. Travis Willingham
Staff Liaison - Kim Elrod
DIVERSITY SECTION- COMMITTEES:
Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair
Diversity Recruitment & Retention
Diversity Membership & Social
To join one or more of these committees, please complete this form
and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax.
For more information about this section, contact Kim Elrod at 816-474-4322.
Kansas City’s Diversity Bar Associations
KCMBA is proud to partner with and support Kansas City’s local diversity Bar Associations:
Asian American Bar Association of Kansas City (AABAKC) To learn more, go to: aabakc.org
Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City (AWL) To learn more, go to: awl-kc.org
Hispanic Bar Association of Greater Kansas City (HBAGKC) To learn more, go to: kchispanicbar.com
Jackson County Bar Association (JCBA) To learn more, go to: jacksoncountybar.com
Kansas City Lesbian, Gay, and Allied Lawyers (KC LEGAL) To learn more, go to: kclegal.net