Federal Courts Advocates Section
The Federal Courts Advocates Section (FCAS) connects federal court practitioners with federal judges, magistrates, and other lawyers interested in federal law through seasonal social events and outreach programs designed to enhance community awareness of the federal system. The Section also develops and executes continuing education programs to help practitioners navigate the federal courts system and stay up-to-date with relevant developments. According to its bylaws, the purposes of the Section are as follows:
- Enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice federal law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in federal law;
- Promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- Promote the sound administration of justice;
- Provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
* Membership in the Federal Courts Advocates Section (FCAS) requires annual dues of $15 for KCMBA members; $25 for non-KCMBA members.*
The FCAS is the only KCMBA committee that does not require a KCMBA membership.
Click here for a membership form
President - Melanie S. Morgan
President-Elect - K. Casey Tourtillott
Immediate Past President - Sara E. Welch
Secretary/Treasurer - Rachel E. Schwartz
Senior Member-at-Large - Matthew L. Dameron
Senior Member-at-Large - Ashlea Schwarz
Senior Member-at-Large - Angela D. Gupta
Junior Member-at-Large - Brad T. Wilders
Staff Liaison - Kim Elrod
FEDERAL COURTS ADVOCATES SECTION- COMMITTEES:
Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
FCAS Continuing Legal Education
FCAS Membership & Social
For more information on this section, contact Kim Elrod at 816-474-4322.