Bar Leadership Academy
The Bar Leadership Academy (BLA) is a special program designed to help emerging leaders of the legal profession in Kansas City develop the skills, knowlege, and experience needed to become leaders in both the profession and the community. During this eight-month program, new attorneys participate in six interactive leadership training sessions featuring prominent speakers, instructors, and discussion facilitators. Throughout the program, participants also attend networking events and work in teams to organize and administer service projects that have a positive effect in the greater Kansas City community.
Through this curriculum, the Bar Leadership Academy aims to:
- Enhance participants’ leadership skills so they can better excel in service to the profession and the community;
- Nurture and encourage graduates to seek leadership positions in Bar organizations, the judiciary, and community organizations;
- Create a critical mass of diverse future leaders within the legal community;
- Foster pride, commitment and participation in professional association activities;
- Provide leadership opportunities in the community for all graduates.
For more detailed information about the Bar Leadership Academy, including the official 2015-2016 program schedule, click here.
APPLYING FOR BLA
Program Details Coming Soon
For more information on the Bar Leadership Academy, contact Tracey DeMarea at 816-474-4322 or email@example.com.
2014-2015 Bar Leadership Academy Graduates