Criminal Law Section
The Criminal Law Section is comprised of two committees; the Criminal Law Committee and the Municipal Court Committee. The Section and its two committees provide an organized forum for criminal law practitioners and other members of the legal profession to study criminal laws and procedures in both state and federal court, discuss relevant developments in the practice area abd beyond, and network with friends and colleagues. As stated in the Section’s Bylaws, its purposes are as follows:
- enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice criminal law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in criminal law;
- promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- promote the sound administration of justice;
- provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
President- Christine M. Blegen, firstname.lastname@example.org
President-Elect- J. Justin Johnston, email@example.com
Secretary/Treasurer- Brian Gaddy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Past President- Lance D. Sandage, email@example.com
Senior Member-at-Large- John G. Gromowsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Member-at-Large- Zachary Thompson, email@example.com
CRIMINAL LAW SECTION- COMMITTEES: Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
To join one or more of these committees, please complete this form and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax.
For more information about this section, contact Kim Elrod or Ashley Williamson at 816-474-4322.