Federal Courts Advocates Section
The Federal Courts Advocates Section (FCAS) connects federal court practitioners with federal judges, magistrates, and other lawyers interested in federal law through seasonal social events and outreach programs designed to enhance community awareness of the federal system. The Section also develops and executes continuing education programs to help practitioners navigate the federal courts system and stay up-to-date with relevant developments. According to its bylaws, the purposes of the Section are as follows:
- Enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice federal law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in federal law;
- Promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- Promote the sound administration of justice;
- Provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
To join the Federal Courts Advocates Section, please download and complete this form. Completed forms can be returned to KCMBA via mail at 2300 Main St., Ste. 100, via e-mail to email@example.com, or via fax to 816-474-0103. Annual dues for membership in the Federal Court Advocates Section are $15 for KCMBA members and $25 for non-members.
What it Takes to be Local in D. Kan
FCAS Bench & Bar Dialogue Luncheon
April 29, 2015 – 12:00-1:30pm
Come join fellow federal practitioners and judges for lunch and lively discussion about the local and ethical rules for supervising attorneys when taking on the role of local counsel for a national firm, especially in the context of more complex cases with nationwide attorneys coming to the court. This CLE is open to anyone for a $25 fee or it is FREE to FCAS members!
President- Scott Wissel, firstname.lastname@example.org
President-Elect- Sara E. Welch, email@example.com
Immediate Past President- Scott C. Gyllenborg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary/Treasurer- Melanie S. Morgan, email@example.com
Senior Member-at-Large- Rachel E. Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Member-at-Large- K. Casey Tourtillott, email@example.com
Junior Member-at-Large- Matthew L. Dameron, firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Member-at-Large- Jane Francis, email@example.com
FEDERAL COURTS ADVOCATES SECTION- COMMITTEES: Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
For more information on this section, contact Kim Elrod or Ashley Williamson at 816-474-4322.