Volunteers are vital to the work of KCMBF and we rely heavily on KCMBA membership to help us fulfill our commitment to the community.
There are a variety of ways to get involved. Please consider working beside us.
Provide Legal Services to Veterans and Active Duty Military
- Join our Pro Bono Referral Network
- Volunteer to represent Military Matters at Veterans Fairs across the metropolitan area.
- Produce content for legal information resource guides.
Educate the legal profession
- Help develop or present a Continuing Legal Education program in practice areas most needed by veterans. Family law, criminal law, and landlord/tenant issues are most in need.
- Share your expertise and sign up to be a mentor to a pro bono attorney.
Serve on a committee
- Domestic Violence Conference – This committee plans the agenda, schedules speakers and secures sponsorships for the annual conference.
- Gala Auction Committee – The auction committee solicits and collects items for the silent and live auctions for KCMBF’s annual Liberty & Justice Gala.
- Military Matters Operating Committee – This committee meets bi-monthly and guides and support the Military Matters program.
Contact Sharra Wagner, Foundation Director, at (816) 474-4322 or email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering in any capacity.