Courthouse Security Pass

Tired of waiting in long security lines at the courthouse? You need a Courthouse Security Pass!

Courthouse Security Passes are available to any attorney who is in good standing with his or her state Bar.  This pass will allow you to bypass security lines at the Jackson County (both locations) courthouses and Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court.

Renew your pass

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a Courthouse Security Pass?

If you would like to apply for a new Courthouse Security Pass, click here

If you have a Courthouse Security Pass, but need to obtain a replacement pass, click here to fill out the application for a replacement pass.
                   Note:  If your pass is 6 or more years old and you are requesting a replacement pass, KCMBA will need to take a new photo for your pass.

Please submit all applications that include payment information via mail to KCMBA 2300 Main St., Ste. 100, Kansas City, MO 64108 OR via fax (816) 474-0103. In either case, you will be asked to provide proof of your identity through both a valid state-issued ID and a valid bar card.  Please allow 5-10 business days from the date of payment for your card to be activated.  

How much does a pass cost?

KCMBA members received discounted pricing for Courthouse Security Passes.  The price of a new card for KCMBA members is $55.00, with an annual renewal cost of $35.00. The price for a replacement card for KCMBA members is $20. 

The price of a new card for KCMBA nonmembers is $105, with an annual renewal cost of $80. The price for replacement cards for nonmembers is $35.

What should I do if my pass is not working?

If your courthouse security pass is not working, please give us a call at (816) 474-4322. Please note that a non-functioning security pass usually means that a) you have not yet renewed your pass for the year, and it has been deactivated, or b) your card is broken. If you have not yet renewed your pass, please click the "Renew Your Pass" button above.  If there are cracks or dents in your card, you will need to request a replacement pass for a fee of $20.00 for KCMBA members and $35 for KCMBA nonmembers.

What if I lost my pass?

If you lost or misplaced your card, please call KCMBA at (816) 474-4322 to report your card lost or stolen, and to request a replacement card for a fee of $20.00 for KCMBA members or $35.00 for KCMBA nonmembers. In this case, your old card will be deactivated for security purposes.

If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at (816) 474-4322 or by e-mail at