Business Law Section
KCMBA’s Business Law Section encompasses a variety of committees that are dedicated to addressing issues and topics relevant to the practice of certain specific areas of business law, including Corporate Law, Patent and Trademark Law and Real Estate Law, among others (see below for a complete list). As stated in the Section’s bylaws, the purpose of the Business Law Section is to:
- Enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice business law in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in business law;
- Promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- Promote the sound administration of justice;
- Provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- Provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
President - Michelle Worrall Tilton
President-Elect - Rebecca D. Martin
Immediate Past President - Mark R. Euler
Secretary/Treasurer - Jared A. Rose
Senior Member-at-Large - Jeffrey S. Lawrence
Junior Member-at-Large - Bryan E. Meyer
Staff Liaison - Kim Elrod
Business Law Section - Committees:
Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
Business Law (Corporate Law)
Corporate House Counsel
Environment and Energy Law
Real Estate Law
Sports and Entertainment Law
To join one or more of these committees, please complete this form
and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax.
For more information about this section, contact Kim Elrod at (816) 474-4322.