Civil Litigation Section
The Civil Litigation Section oversees a group of individual committees comprised of attorneys who specialize in one or more areas of civil litigation, including Business Litigation, Labor and Employment Law and Workers’ Compensation Law (see below for a complete list of committees under this Section). According to the Bylaws of the Civil Litigation Section, the purpose of the Section is to:
- enhance the relationships among attorneys who practice civil litigation in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, judges in those courts and others who have an interest in civil litigation;
- promote the professional development, welfare, interests, and education of the members of the Section;
- promote the sound administration of justice;
- provide meaningful services and education programs for the benefit of the members of the Section and the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- encourage involvement of the members in activities of the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas;
- provide members opportunities to assume leadership roles in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
President - Daniel L. McClain
President-Elect - Nikola S. Smith
Immediate Past President - Stephen R. Miller
Secretary/Treasurer - Edward 'Kip' Robertson III
Senior Member-at-Large - Katrina L. Smeltzer
Junior Member-at-Large - Raymond A. Dake
Staff Liaison - Kim Elrod
Civil Litigation Section - Committees:
Click on the links below for more information about each committee, including descriptions, leadership, and contact information.
Labor and Employment Law
Medical-Legal/Nursing Home Negligence
Workers’ Compensation Law and Procedures
To join one or more of these committees, please click here
or complete this form
and return it to KCMBA via mail or fax.
For more information about this section, contact us at email@example.com
or (816) 474-4322.