KCMBA will post press releases and updates related to COVID-19 as they are received.
- 9/25/20 1:25pm Resumption of jury trials at the downtown courthouse delayed
- 9/23/20 9:00am Continuances of State Traffic Cases - Division 34
- 9/18/20 9:30am Health and safety high priority as jury trials resume
- 9/15/20 5:15pm Order Continuing Administrative Orders Suspending Statutes of Limitation,Statutory Time Standards, Deadlines, and Time Limitations Under State FinanceCouncil's Extension of the State of Disaster Emergency related to COVID-19
- 9/15/20 4:25pm Changes to the Protection Order Docket Div 33
- 9/4/20 5:30pm District and Appellate Court Operations as of September 4, 2020
- 9/4/20 3:48pm: Administrative Order 2020-155 Updated Court Operations Under Supreme Court Operational Directives
- 9/4/20 9:24am: Administrative Order 2020-154 Addressing CDC Order
- 8/21/20 10:45am: Updated Court Operations under Supreme Court Operational Directives - Effective August 21, 2020
- 8/11/20 3:40pm: Reminders and Updates Regarding the Mediation and Assessment Program (MAP) for the United States District Court, Western District of Missouri-August 2020
- 7/29/20 2:50pm: Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, updates safety precautions in response to COVID-19
- 7/29/20 11:00am: THE DIVISION 34 TRAFFIC DOCKETS ON JULY 30, AUGUST 6 AND AUGUST 13 ARE CANCELLED AND RESCHEDULED
- 7/24/20 3:45pm: Phase 1 under Supreme Court Operational Directives (effective July 27, 2020) - Administrative Order 2020-135
- 7/24/20 12:00pm: Supreme Court of Missouri modifies operational directives governing local courts in resuming proceedings during COVID-19 pandemic
- 7/9/20 3:40pm: Statement Regarding July Bar Exam
- 7/1/20 9:55am: All Attorney Status Dockets Now Virtual
- 6/26/20 10:10am: Notice Regarding Family Court Resource Services Phase 2 Operations
- 6/23/20 10:15am: Extension of Prior Administrative Order Regarding Modification of Bonds - ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 2020-110
- 6/22/20 4:30pm: Updated Court Operations – Phase 2 under Supreme Court OperationalDirectives (effective June 23, 2020) - Administrative Order 2020-108
- 6/22/20 4:30pm: COVID-19 Private Process Servers - Administrative Order 2020-107
- 6/19/20 6:30pm: Division 33 Docketing Changes Order
- 6/19/20 2:15pm: Resumption of Jury Trials in 16th Judicial Circuit Administrative Order 2020-106
- 6/19/20 9:40am: MISSOURI COURT OF APPEALS, WESTERN DISTRICT, UPDATED RESPONSE TO COVID-19
- 6/18/20 10:50am: Administrative Order 2020-103 Court Closures
- 6/16/20 11:05am: Kansas City Municipal Court - Additional Information for Attorneys
- 6/15/20 11:30am: Missouri State Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, et al. v. State of Missouri, et al.
- 6/12/20 1:50pm: Administrative Order 2020-10 In Re: Transition Plan for Civil and Criminal Hearings During Pandemic.
- 6/12/20 1:50pm: Administrative Order 2020-9 In Re: Consent and Signature on Documents Filed in Criminal Actions During the COVID-19 Public Emergency
- 6/11/20 12:50pm: LEE’S SUMMIT MUNICIPAL DIVISION 243/263
- 6/5/20 4:00pm: New Municipal Court procedures
- 6/5/20 3:50pm: Supreme Court of Missouri issues guidance for courts to begin resuming jury proceedings
- 6/5/20 9:30am: Administrative Order 2020-096 Continued Cancellation of Jury Trials through July 31, 2020.
- 6/4/20 5:05pm: Administrative Order 2020-095 Modification of Court Operations on June 5, 2020.
- 5/29/20 2:45pm: COVID-19 Phase I - Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District
- 5/27/20 4:30pm: United States District Court District of Kansas - Administrative Order 2020-8
- 5/26/20 3:05pm: Letter to County Executive May 26, 2020
- 5/22/20 2:00pm: NOTICE REGARDING PLEAS/APPOINTMENTS WITH THE CITY PROSECUTOR, CITY OF INDEPENDENCE
- 5/22/20 9:00am: National Center of State Courts resource for COVID-19
- 5/22/20 9:00am: Johnson County District Court tips on conducting video hearings
- 5/19/20 3:00pm: Attorneys-use the MC Virtual Hearing option
- 5/18/20 4:00pm: UNCONTESTED DOMESTIC - DIV 30 COURT ROOM GUIDELINES CURRENT
- 5/15/20 3:00pm: Missouri Judiciary launches interactive tool as courts enter phased approach to reopening
- 5/15/20 11:00am: Notice-Health and Safety Requirements 16th Judicial Circuit 05142020
- 5/15/20 11:00am: 2020-084 Updated Court Operations During COVID 19
- 5/12/20 3:30pm: Notice Regarding Resumption of Matters in Division 26
- 5/12/20 12:10pm: NOTICE REGARDING RESUMPTION OF MATTERS IN CRIM A
- 5/12/20 12:10pm: Division 30 Preliminary Hearing Docket Procedure beginning May 18th
- 5/8/20 3:00pm: Virtual court appearances available at Municipal Court
- 5/7/20 12:10pm: Jackson County Recovery Plan Phase 1
- 5/7/20 9:45am: Chief justice seeking comment on suspension of deadlines
- 5/6/20 1:50pm: Blue Springs Prosecutor's Office dates for attorney plea dockets
- 5/6/20 1:50pm: Notice Regarding Blue Springs Municipal Court Pleas With City Prosecutor
- 5/5/20 8:30am: Supreme Court of Missouri issues operational directives to help courts statewide begin resuming court activities through specifies phases.
- 5/4/20 11:20am: Admin Order 2020-079 Continued cancellation of jury trials through 7-5-20
- 5/4/20 9:45am: Notice to attorneys practicing in Clay County Circuit Court
- 4/30/20 10:00am: PSA for KCMO Municipal Court Virtual Appearances
- 4/29/20 2:30pm: Attention Attorneys-Important KCMO Municipal Court COVID-19 emergency info
- 4/28/20 10:12am: Press Releases/Out-of-Court Plea Agreement Procedure
- 4/23/20 12:26pm: Press Releases/Municipal Court Plea Negotiations Encouraged
- 4/23/20 10:05am: WebEx tips for attorneys
- 4/22/20 10:05am: Press Releases/PTLA-REFOCIS Notice
- 4/17/20 3:15pm: KS:Some district courts to resume issuing marriage licenses
- 4/17/20 2:50pm: Supreme Court of Missouri extends, further clarifies precautionary measures to combat COVID-19
- 4/17/20 9:50am: Municipal court: Press Releases/Public web Court COVID-19 release
- 4/16/20 6:40pm: Press Releases/Administrative Order 20-06 Family Court Operations
- 4/16/20 2:50pm: Press Releases/Administrative Order 2020-073 Court Operations during COVID-19 Stay at Home order
- 4/16/20 2:50pm: Press Releases/Administrative Order 2020-072 Writs
- 4/16/20 2:50pm: Press Releases/Administrative Order 2020-071 Modification of Bonds
- 4/16/20 2:50pm: Press Releases/Administrative Order 2020-070 Private Process Servers
- 4/10/20 10:10am: Supreme Court orders affecting attorney registration and continuing legal education requirements
- 4/8/20 5:00pm: Administrative Order 2020-RL-035: Order Modifying Deadlines for Annual Attorney Registration and Fee and Related Late Fee
- 4/8/20 5:00pm: Administrative Order 2020-RL-034: Order Modifying Deadline for Continuing Legal Education Annual Fee and Late Fee
- 4/8/20 5:00pm: Administrative Order 2020-RL-033: Order Modifying Continuing Legal Education Attendance and Reporting Deadlines and Waiving Limitation on Prerecorded Programming
- 4/6/20 4:30pm: Governor Parson's Executive Order regarding Remote Electronic Notarization
- 4/2/20 3:30pm: Update of KC Courthouse Construction.
- 4/1/20 12:15pm: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI update. Read full press release here.
- 3/31/20 2:52pm: DIVISION 34: ALL DIVISION 34 DOCKETS HAVE BEEN CONTINUED AS FOLLOWS: Read full notice here.
- 3/31/20 12:01pm: Criminal A supplemental Scheduling notice
- 3/30/20 8:34pm: SUPREME COURT OF KANSAS issues administrative order to allow file-stamped copies when docketing an appeal
- 3/30/20 1:48pm: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI responds to questions about risk of exposure to COVID-19 in prisons, jails. Release available here; letter available here
- 3/27/20 10:13pm: Two new notices from the Jackson County Circuit Court: Judges setting hearings by telephone and video conferencing and records offices are offering alternative ways for people without attorneys to file documents
- 3/27/20 5:43pm: Division 33 scheduling update
- 3/26/20 2:21pm: Division 30 Criminal Court dates. Read full press release here.
- 3/26/20 9:34am: Law360 is keeping a compiled listing of court closings and restrictions across the country due to COVID-19. View the listing here.
- 3/25/20 8:54am: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI: has issued a new order in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information here.
- 3/24/20 4:16pm: MISSOURI COURT OF APPEALS: March 24 update. Read full update here.
- 3/24/20 8:59am: MUNICIPAL COURT: Operational with limited resources. Read full press release here.
- 3/24/20 8:58am: MO COURT OF APPEALS: Temporary suspension of paper copies. Read full press release here.
- 3/22/20 9:45pm: Jackson County Circuit Court issues stay at home order. Read full press release here.
- 3/20/20 3:45pm: SUPREME COURT OF KANSAS: Read full press release here.
- 3/20/20 8:08am: In Re: Reporting to Jackson County Detention Center for Sentences of Less than Seven Days. Read full administrative order here.
- 3/19/20 2:45pm: Suspension of issuance of writs. Read full press release here.
- 3/19/20 10:00am: KCMBA Bench-Bar & Boardroom Conference cancellation and other programming changes. Read full announcement here.
- 3/18/20 5:53pm: MUNICIPAL COURT prohibits public entry past security All entry prohibited with COVID-19 symptoms or exposure. Read full press release here. Additional attorney information.
- 3/18/20 5:08pm: STATE COURTS on emergency operations until further notice. Read full press release here.
- 3/18/20 1:50pm: Notice regarding Grain Valley Municipal Court. Read full press release here .
- 3/18/20 10:50am: CRIM A SCHEDULING NOTICE: Read full press release here .
- 3/18/20 9:48am: Informational Advisory: How Litigants can find their rescheduled hearing date. Read full press release here .
- 3/17/20 12:22pm: NOTICE REGARDING INDEPENDENCE MUNICIPAL COURT PLEAS WITH CITY PROSECUTOR: Read full press release here.
- 3/17/20 12:06pm: 16th CIRCUIT COURT SCHEDULING NOTICE: Read full notice here.
- 3/16/20 5:49pm: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI: Order in response to COVID-19, read here.
- 3/16/20 5:46pm: KANSAS CITY MUNICIPAL COURT: Courthouse entry prohibited. Read full press release here.
- 3/16/20 2:53pm: DIVISION 33 16th CIRCUIT COURT: Updated press release.
- 3/16/20 1:30pm: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI: The full text of today’s order is available here. Also today, the Court announced certain changes regarding its own operations, available here.
- 3/16/20 1:27pm: DIVISION 33 16th CIRCUIT COURT: All high volume and certain other dockets will be rescheduled. See full press release here.
- 3/16/20 12:35pm: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI: Because Truman State has temporarily closed its campus due to COVID-19, we have moved oral arguments originally scheduled at the university on March 18 to the Court of Appeals. Attached is our press release announcing same. Read full press release here.
- 3/16/20 12:35pm: SUPREME COURT OF MISSOURI: In light of the attached order today from the Missouri Supreme Court, please be advised that we are cancelling oral arguments for the foreseeable future because of COVID-19. We apologize for all of the confusion lately and again thank you for dedicated service to the citizens of the State of Missouri.
- 3/16/20 10:30am: The 16th Judicial Circuit of Missouri Family Court Division: Read full press release here.
- 3/16/20 10:15am: The City of Independence announces changes in services, closures, cancellations as part of State of Emergency. Read the full announcement here.
- 3/13/20 2:00pm: Attention Attorneys. In addition to the information below here is what else you need to know about KCMO Municipal Court (read full press release here):
>> Prosecutors are still working. You can file your entry of appearance via email with the court (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request plea offers via email from the prosecutor’s office (email@example.com).
>> If you want to work out your cases on the date it is scheduled, judges and prosecutors will be available.
>> If you want to continue your cases to a particular date, you should file a continuance.
>> If you do not appear in court or file for a continuance the case will be continued and you will receive a notice.
- 3/13/20 10:06am: MUNICIPAL COURT CONTINUES CASES DUE TO COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY: Municipal Court judges voted at an emergency Court en banc meeting Thursday to modify court operations in the interest of public health and after Mayor Quinton Lucas declared a State of Emergency allowing the City to take measures to reduce the possibility of exposure to COVID-19. In support of the City’s efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by limiting social contact, the Kansas City, Missouri Municipal Court is taking the following actions:
>> Court hearings starting March 16 through April 10 for defendants not in custody will be continued to a later date except for Domestic Violence Court, Drug Court, Mental Health Court and Veterans Treatment Court cases which will be held as scheduled.
>> New court dates for continued cases will be mailed to defendants at the address on file. If you have a pending case, you must keep your address updated with the court. To update your address, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-513-2700.
>> All walk-in dockets from March 16 through April 10 are cancelled.
>> Probationers can contact their probation officers for possible alternatives to in-person reporting. You may contact your probation officer directly or by email at email@example.com or call 816-513-2700.
>> Victims and City witnesses should contact the City Prosecutor’s Office for information. You may contact the City Prosecutor’s office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 816-513-6750.
>> Municipal Court will remain open for business. Court employees should report to work as scheduled unless sick or taking scheduled time off.
>> Payments are encouraged to be made online at kcmo.gov/court or by mail at P.O Box 219381, Kansas City, MO 64121-9381.
Find court information and pay fines in full online at kcmo.gov/court. For more information, contact the 311 Action Center or email email@example.com.
- 3/13/20 9:32am: The Missouri Court of Appeals in Kansas City, Missouri has moved oral arguments scheduled for April 7 at Columbia College and April 8 at the University of Missouri Law School to the Court of Appeals building at 1300 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO. If you have any questions, please contact Susan Sonnenberg, Clerk of the Court, at Susan.Sonnenberg@courts.mo.gov. See the full Columbia College press release here, and the full University of Missouri press release here.
- 3/12/20 5:01pm: The Reinstatement Court and Implicit Bias continuing legal education class (CLE) will allow both in person and dial in attendance options. Attorneys who have registered may attend in person and receive lunch. The CLE is from Noon to 1:15 pm at Municipal Court 511 E. 11th Street. Those who wish to use the dial in option must call Phone number: 866-388-6636 and enter Access Code: 802 980 964#. The Missouri Bar has approved both in person and dial in options to receive the CLE credit for this session. It is unsure whether Kansas will accept the dial in method. A call out to KS CLE Commission.
- 3/12/20 5:00pm: The investiture ceremony for Municipal Court Judge Michael Heffernon, planned for Friday, March 13, 2020 is cancelled. Visit kcmo.gov for more COVID-19 updates from the City and kcmo.gov/court for updates from Municipal Court.
- 3/12/20 4:56pm: Due to the existence and spread of the COVID-19, the court administrator is ordered and authorized to suspend the impaneling of all jurors for the weeks of March 16, 2020 and March 23, 2020. All jury trials scheduled for the weeks of March 16, 2020 and March 23, 2020 are hereby continued and will be rescheduled to a later date. Read the full administrative order here.