Bar Leadership Academy
The Bar Leadership Academy (BLA) is a special program designed to help emerging leaders of the legal profession in Kansas City develop the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to become leaders in both the profession and the community. During this seven-month program, new attorneys participate in seven interactive leadership training sessions featuring prominent speakers, instructors, and discussion facilitators.
Through this curriculum, the Bar Leadership Academy aims to:
- Enhance participants’ leadership skills so they can better excel in service to the profession and the community.
- Nurture and encourage graduates to seek leadership positions in Bar organizations, the judiciary, and community organizations.
- Create a critical mass of diverse future leaders within the legal community.
- Foster pride, commitment and participation in professional association activities.
- Provide leadership opportunities in the community for all graduates.
The application process for 2018 will begin on February 1st and conclude at 5pm on March 23rd.
Click here to download an application.
A limited number of scholarships are available from the following groups:
Young Lawyers Section
This group meets once a month from May to November and participants are expected to make six of the seven sessions.
Benefits of joining Bar Leadership Academy:
- At least 4.0 CLE hours MO and KS (pending) - valued at $140
- Eligible for one 1/2 price ticket to KCMBA's Annual Meeting - valued at $32.50
- All breakfasts and/or lunches and social receptions included
- Multiple Networking Events
- Formal learning sessions from several leaders of the Kansas City legal community
For more information on the Bar Leadership Academy, contact AnnMarie Thomas at email@example.com.