Bar Leadership Academy
The Bar Leadership Academy (BLA) is a special program designed to help emerging leaders of the legal profession in Kansas City develop the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to become leaders in both the profession and the community. During this seven-month program, new attorneys participate in seven interactive leadership training sessions featuring prominent speakers, instructors, and discussion facilitators.
Through this curriculum, the Bar Leadership Academy aims to:
- Enhance participants’ leadership skills so they can better excel in service to the profession and the community.
- Nurture and encourage graduates to seek leadership positions in Bar organizations, the judiciary, and community organizations.
- Create a critical mass of diverse future leaders within the legal community.
- Foster pride, commitment and participation in professional association activities.
- Provide leadership opportunities in the community for all graduates.
Application Submission and Deadlines
Applications are being accepted for KCMBA’s Bar Leadership Academy which will run July-December 2022. Application form and letter of recommendation must be
received by KCMBA by 5 p.m. on June 17, 2022 and sent to email@example.com. Applicants will be
notified of selection decisions. Scholarship applications are available through the Young Lawyers and Diversity Sections.
Benefits of participating in the Bar Leadership Academy:
- 4.0 CLE hours MO and KS (pending) - valued at $140
- Connect with emerging leaders in the legal community
- Multiple Networking Events
- Formal learning sessions from several leaders of the Kansas City legal community and area nonprofits
For more information on the Bar Leadership Academy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.